Short Summary in English:
There will be five working groups. Each will have its own topic. In these groups, the discussions will be prompted by different questions. Active and regular participation in the working groups is desired. For the first three meetings the groups are open to everybody, then binding groups shall be established. One or two speakers will be appointed during the first meeting of every working group. The speakers are contact persons and take care of the proceedings and the coordination of the group.
1. The working group Infrastructure addresses questions about spaces for dance production and presentation. During the meeting, the group can split up (if needed):
One group can discuss the topic of a new dance institution for Berlin: Do we need a large stage for dance works? Or rather a house for dance with more flexible structures?
The second group can investigate the situation concerning the existing spaces for dance presentation, production, and rehearsals, specifically how they could be supported and protected from commercialization and gentrification.
WHEN: Wednesday 18:00-21:00
DATES: 18.4., 2.5., 16.5., 30.5., 13.6., 27.6.
WHERE: HAU3, Tempelhofer Ufer 10, 10963 Berlin
2. The working group Money and more addresses questions about the funding system and how it can support different ways of making artistic work. What kinds of supports do artists need to work continuously, work more process-orientated, or build up a repertoire? What are the special needs of mid-career artists? Is there enough support for graduates who try to enter a professional level? Do juries need more people familiar with dance, or where would exclusive dance juries make sense?
WHEN: Tuesdays 18:00-21:00
DATES: 25.4. (ATTENTION: Wednesday), 15.5., 29.5., 12.6., 26.6.
WHERE: to be announced soon
3. The working group Internationality/Touring/Networking discusses the improvement of touring and distribution of Berlin dance productions, the consequences of and needs based on the increasing internationalization of the Berlin dance scene (language for application, work permit, etc.). Questions about more and better tour management, international exchange programs, and how the Berlin dance scene can participate and profit from more international guest performances coming to Berlin can also be discussed.
WHEN: Tuesdays 18:00-21:00
DATES: 10.4., 3.5. (Attention: Thursday!), 22.5. (different place, tbc), 19.6.
WHERE: HALLE TANZBÜHNE BERLIN
Main building, side entrance 1. FLOOR, left
Eberswalder Strasse 10, 10437 Berlin
4. The working group Research and Transmission addresses the following questions (among others): Which conditions are helpful for an activist or rather socially-engaged artistic practice of transmission? What kinds of support must be created to realize more professional dance productions for young people? How can dancers/choreographers be qualified to work with young people?
What kinds of dance archives exist and what is maybe missing? Can the connection of dance research/artistic practice and dance history/archiving be improved?
WHEN: Fridays 15:00-18:00
DATES: 13.4., 4.5., 25.5., 22.6.
WHERE: 13.4.: Uferstudios, Uferstraße 8, 13357 Berlin. For the other dates the place will be announced soon.
5. The working group Accessibility and Diversity discusses the following questions: What kinds of support must be created to make the dance field more accessible for people of all ages? Are the artists/dancers/curators with a migration background and/or people of color represented enough within the Berlin dance scene, and if no, how can this be changed? What kinds of support must be created for disabled artists/dancers/curators? How can dance education be more accessible for disabled dancers/choreographers? What incentives can be created for artists and production houses to have more of an inclusive practice? Which socio-economical barriers still exist? What kinds of discriminatory or exclusionary practices (in relation to artists, audience, institutions) haven’t as yet got enough attention?
WHEN: Wednesdays 18:00-21:00
DATES: 11.4., 9.5., 23.5., 20.6.
WHERE: 11.4.: Uferstudios, Uferstraße 8, 13357 Berlin. For the other dates the place will be announced soon.