ZTB e.V. supports the “Glänzende Aktionstage der VIELEN” on 8 and 9 May
Peer-to-peer project of ZTB supports dance artists
Further helpful information for all concerned and selected press clippings on the subject of Corona can also be found here (in German and/or English, external links):
Detailed weblink list on Corona and Berlin cultural policy on: TanzRaumBerlin
Detailed information on the page of the German Cultural Council on nationwide measures and: Newsletter Corona versus Culture
Detailed weblink-list on the page of touring-artists.info
Diagram of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe with recommendations on “Dealing with COVID 19 in the context of project funding: https://www.berlin.de/sen/kulteu/aktuelles/
Concerning EU projects, Creative Europe Info:
Corona Virus: Consequences for Creative Europe programme and related activities (English)
You can find our recent letter (15.03.2020) calling for support of the independent arts scene in times of corona HERE
The registered association “Zeitgenössischer Tanz Berlin” (Contemporary Dance Berlin) represents the interests of artists, choreographers, dancers, dance companies and institutions active in the context of dance, choreography and performance in Berlin.
We strive to create a productive framework for joint political commitment while advocating transparent and equal communication between artists, politicians, and the public. We are open to any kind of initiative that enriches the artistic and political lives of people from dance, choreography and performance in Berlin.
The ZTB was founded in 2000. As we felt the need to acknowledge the heterogeneity and diversity of contemporary dance in Berlin, in 2017 we decided to include choreography and performance as integral parts of our mission statement.
What we do
- Develop strategies to strengthen the infrastructure for dance, choreography and performance in Berlin
- Represent the interests of contemporary artistic work in dance, choreography and performance; communicating its needs to Berlin politicians, city councils, and the public
- Connect professionals in dance, choreography and performance with each other and with representatives of other artistic disciplines
- Host regular artist meetings for mutual exchange
- Inform our members on current cultural political topics and questions
- Aquire and provide discounts for our members, e.g. discounted theatre tickets
We are the sponsor of Tanzbüro Berlin – Zentrale Beratungs-, Vernetzungs- und Marketingstelle für den Berliner Tanz (Central consulting, networking and marketing office for Berlin dance) and its online medium tanzraumberlin. We are partners in the Network TanzRaumBerlin, the Raumkoordination Tanz of the Arbeitskreis Räume, and in the speaker circle of the Koalition der Freien Szene Berlin (Coalition of the Free Scene Berlin). We are a member of the Dachverband Tanz Deutschland—a national platform for artistic dance in Germany.